Jordan L. Vimont
Jordan Vimont is a partner with Reid Collins & Tsai. Jordan has represented clients nationally and internationally in a variety of business litigation and transactional matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Jordan was an attorney in the corporate, business and banking section of Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P. where he advised clients on a variety of matters, including securities offerings and disclosures, mergers and acquisitions, credit facilities, energy trading compliance, internal investigations, and corporate governance.
Jordan received his J.D., with honors, from the University of Texas School of Law and was a recipient of the Herbert S. Bonham Law Scholarship. During law school he worked as judicial intern at the Texas Supreme Court for Justice Scott Brister.
Prior to law school, Jordan worked as an accountant at Ernst & Young where he provided tax compliance and consulting services to Fortune 500 companies and high-net worth individuals. He received his Masters in Professional Accounting and B.B.A. from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.
Jordan is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
- Representing three former principals of an Austin-based fund of hedge funds against KeyCorp in a breach of contract action arising out of KeyCorp's refusal to pay a multimillion-dollar earn-out. The case settled on confidential terms.
- Representing a litigation trustee in asserting derivative claims against former directors and officers of an insolvent publicly-traded company. The case settled on confidential terms.
- Representing a technology firm that was a victim of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty perpetrated by a former principal.
- Representing an offshore liquidator in asserting claims against facilitators of a multi-million dollar investment fraud.
- Representation of Highland Capital Management, L.P. and NexBank, SSB in a $60 million breach of contract and fraud lawsuit against Gene E. Phillips and related entities in Dallas County District Court.
- Jordan has extensive experience in advising clients on acquisitions and divestitures, due diligence, trademark and trade secret litigation, business divorces, professional malpractice, financial fraud, and other commercial disputes.