Ben Barnes is a senior associate in the Dallas office of Reid Collins & Tsai LLP. Ben is a trial lawyer with experience representing a wide range of businesses and entrepreneurs in complex disputes. He has tried cases in both state and federal court and before arbitration panels. Ben’s experience includes bankruptcy, antitrust, real estate, oil and gas, fiduciary liability, legal malpractice, and other complex litigation, and his representative clients include Fortune 500 companies, major private companies, and prominent entrepreneurs. Texas Super Lawyer named Ben a “Rising Star” in 2018 and 2019.
Ben clerked for the Honorable Raymond Gruender of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. He has served as an officer in the United States Marine Corps Reserve since 2010.
- Represented real estate developer in litigation arising from partnership dispute
- Secured favorable settlement on behalf of real estate developer in private land use dispute
- Defended mortgage servicer against claims of wrongful foreclosure and violations of the fair credit reporting act
- Defended former independent directors of financial services firm in shareholder derivative action
- Defended international law firm against professional malpractice claim
- Defended international healthcare conglomerate in antitrust litigation
- Obtained temporary restraining order and favorable settlement on behalf of midstream energy company in lawsuit arising from equipment theft
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Author, Do Fiduciaries of Fiduciaries Owe Duties?, presented to American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Business Torts Subcommittee (March 2019)
- Speaker, It’s Your Deposition: Practical Tips for Commanding the Room and Protecting Your Record, presented at the Federal Bar Association Rising Professionals Symposium (February 2019)